Eating healthy is just a slow way to die, although being healthy is a great way to live!
GrassRoots Meats, located in southern Colorado, provides all natural, pasture finished beef and lamb, as well as organic free range chicken, raised without added hormones or antibiotics.
Our cattle and sheep are 100% grass fed and grass finished (never any grain), and are on pasture from the day they are born to the day they are taken to the processor, a small family owned USDA plant, where they are processed in a very humane fashion.
Our free range chickens are raised by a producing partner and are supplemented with organic, non-GMO grains.
We ship primarily to Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Utah, Nevada, California, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri, and Iowa, via UPS Ground, in specially insulated boxes to insure that the meat arrives still frozen. We can also ship to anywhere within the continental United States via UPS Second Day Air.
At GrassRoots Meats we are deeply committed to providing the finest quality meat at prices that any family can afford. We like to think of the folks who enjoy our meat not as “customers” or “consumers,” but as family, friends, and neighbors. We hope that once you try our meat you will be glad you got back to your grassroots.
- My family and I can’t express how happy we are with the quality and consistency of GrassRoots Meats. My family has very high standards for the quality of food we nourish ourselves with. Our whole family loves buying local meats and local produce. Being able to have a relationship with our farmer has been such a wonderful experience. Lois is responsive and customer satisfaction centered which we admire and appreciate. The quality of their chicken and meat is unlike anything we have ever had before. Thank you Grassroots Meats for nourishing our entire family with the best quality meats! . . . Kristen M, Ft Collins, CO
- Just wanted to let you know we had ribeyes last night and absolutely loved them!! I’m not just being dramatic either. We really enjoyed them. We both agreed that they were the best steaks we have had in a long time – and did NOT use A1 steak sauce either! . . . I’m pretty excited about trying all of the other cuts I purchased. My only problem is that I have a few packages left over from the previous company I bought from – and it will be hard to use them up when I have all of your great ones to choose from! I also like your see-through packaging. The previous company wrapped in plastic and then the white paper – which is fine, but I like to see what is in there. I don’t know why, but it is just a personal preference . . . just wanted to let you know how much we really enjoyed our steak. We will be ordering from you again for sure!! . . . Jackie K, Alamogordo, NM
I wanted to tell you that I really enjoy the pictures . . . Stephanie M, Flora Vista, NM
- You may remember me. My husband, Jim and I bought a half beef in October, picked it up in Pagosa Springs, and enjoyed a lengthy conversation with you . . . Deb S. Albuquerque, NM
- We got our order and are enjoying the ground beef . . . Valerie N, Palmer Lake, CO
- Absolutely incredible lamb. It was the best we have ever had . . . Jim H, Colorado Springs, CO