- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 cups sweetened shredded coconut (unsweetened if you don’t want it so sweet)
- 3/4 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dark chocolate chips or candy coating
Directions: In a large bowl combine everything but the chocolate. Roll into small balls and put on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Press with finger and put an almond in the center. Chill.
Melt the candy coating, then dip candies, allowing the excess coating to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set, then store in airtight container. I like to put them in the freezer and take a few out at a time.