1. Place 1 cup berries in a bowl and thoroughly rinse them. I like to use a large strainer like this because a colander usually has holes that are too large. Cover them with water and let them soak for 24 hours.
2. After 24 hours pour off water, rinse once, then cover the bowl with a towel. Let stand on counter. Do this twice a day till they are sprouted. I like to sprout them for 72 hours but you can use them even after 24 hours.
3. When berries are sprouted, place in a blender and add 1 cup milk, 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional). Blend on high for a few minutes, until batter is totally smooth.
4. Pour into a bowl, add up to about 3/4 cup all purpose flour, or to desired consistency. It should be about the same as ordinary pancakes.
5. Cook on griddle or iron skillet, using oil of your choice (I like coconut oil) at medium heat. Bon appetit!